SEO Case Study for Travel Accessories Webstore: ROMI of 743%
Niche: Travel accessories and items.
Results: Revenue increased up to $76,417 (excluding offline sales and telephone sales).
We have been working on this project for a year. During this period, we often encountered technical problems with website. Let’s have a look at the results that we’ve achieved after solving these problems.
Specifics of the project
- The client has developed a network of stores in the biggest cities of the country. Offline brand management is executed to a very high level.
- High average item price of over $112.
Let’s start from the very beginning. The organic traffic stats before collaboration are shown below.
Our main goal was to increase the number of sales. To achieve this goal, we formed a few secondary goals:
- increase website traffic
- resolve all technical problems
- supplement website structure
- optimize landing pages
After conducting a technical audit, we were able to form a general strategy for promotion. Here is what we did:
- Full semantic core for all site pages were collected using Serpstat.com and Keyword Planner Google Adwords.
- Seasonality for every category of site were defined, priorities for our tasks were set, and we also elaborated a work plan.
- Using the collected semantic core, website structure was completed with new categories and subcategories. At the same time, we also faced a delay on the programmer's side. We had to wait two months for the creation of new categories, subcategories, and restructuring. If only we had obtained a quicker response, the client would have enjoyed the positive results from promotion much earlier. It is very important for the SEO promotion team to be in good communication with the software developing specialist. If communication is organized well and SEO tasks are prioritised correctly, the project won’t be limited in its development. The implementation of technical tasks from the client’s side requires two-sided participation — the principle of “say and forget” is inappropriate.
- Using Netpeak Spider, we located and deleted all duplicate pages. We then limited the indexing of redundant pages and tried to limit the scanning of pointless documents by robots.
What else was done?
- Setting of internal linking script and distribution of internal link juice.
- Site speed optimization.
- Metadata optimization for landing pages.
- Creation of optimized content.
- Organic link building.
Organic traffic increased by 70% in 11 months, while transactions went up by 74.41%, and revenue by 49.32%.
During the peak month of September, organic traffic increased by 127.18%, transactions by 226.32%, and revenue by 105.42%.
We can observe the consistently positive dynamics in organic traffic growth. This is an effect of technical audit implementation and regular improvements of the website.
Screenshot from Client’s Dashboard including information about the last 5 months of work:
Let’s count the ROI from 1st April 2014 to 31st May 2015.
Income = Profit * Average margin.
ROI = (Income − Promotion spending) / Promotion spending.
Promotion spending = $2,266.
Profit = $76,417.
Average margin = 25%.
Income = $76,417 * 0.25 = $19,104.
ROMI = ($19,104 − $2,266) / $2,266 * 100% = 743%.
Website visibility trend in Google.bg (according to Serpstat):
Keyword position distribution:
Considering the fact that online sales make up only 10% of all sales, we can say that this project is successful. Our work on the project continues; new keywords are appearing, as well as technical errors, new tactics, mobile optimization requirements and other aspects we have to take into account at the next stage.
Core Web Vitals Report in GA4 and Looker Studio: A Guide to Monitoring Your Website's Page Speed Metrics
This guide provides instructions on how to create an informative report on the loading speed of your website using GA4 and Looker Studio.
5 Software Features Your 3PL Provider Should Have
Looking for a reliable 3PL provider? Discover the essential software features your logistics partner should offer to streamline your operations and enhance efficiency. Explore the top 5 must-have features to optimize your supply chain management and drive
Traffic Cannibalization in ASO and Apple Search Ads
What is traffic cannibalization and why is it needed?