Niche: Household appliances.
Results: Traffic from search increased by 30.8% with ROMI of 1130%.
This case study could be useful for online stores who are just starting out. It is the story of what happens when a client comes to us in a highly competitive niche.
So, internal optimization work was performed. The air conditioners category was done first, because summer was coming. That said, the number of categories involved is constantly expanding.
Work on internal optimization isn’t finished yet and will continue for a long time. We were once again faced with the complexity of implementing some things in the earlier version of Joomla + VirtueMart. Functional recommendations were also given and implementation involved experts on the client side.
To increase traffic and conversions from organic search.
- General analysis of competitors. To better understand the theme, learn the niche, and build initial project development strategy, we conducted competitor analysis using the basic criteria of evaluation and comparison of sites.
- Structure extension. To increase the site visibility in search, it was necessary to expand the semantic core and rank on new queries, which meant making necessary landing pages for each. Since the site was a single brand, there were limitations and it was not possible to create a branched structure. So, we expanded it with subcategories.
- Backlinks. At the beginning of cooperation, we asked the client about priority categories for promotion. We then created a strategy for building up natural and permanent backlinks for the upcoming months of partnership.
We only had information on the number of transactions and income. Now, the code also calculates the full order form, and shows the unique purchases and their amounts.
Сomparison with the original data isn’t possible because the phone call analytics were set relatively recently. Here we can see traffic comparison for the same periods. In all cases (traffic, transactions), we counted non-branded search traffic from the Odessa region.
As a result, we achieved the following.
- Calls: 328 target calls according to Ringostat.
- Percentage of calls converted into sales according to the customer: 90%.
- Average check for call-order according to the customer: $296.
- Income from calls according to our information: $87,000.
- Profit according to our information, taking into account the margin: $5,568.
- Total profit (e-commerce + calls): $6,131.
- Traffic from search: increased by 30.2%.
- ROMI: 1130%.
Such high figures were because the project had just passed the first stage of development and there was a low base effect. We understand that this effect is impossible to achieve for home appliance online stores that have been promoted for a long time. That said, this post could be useful for those who are taking the first steps in the development of their online stores and in internet marketing.
What Is Email Marketing? A Complete Guide
Successful emails turn customers into loyal fans who are happy to give the brand their time and attention.
SEO at the Website Development Stage: A Step-by-Step Optimization Guide
Why do you need SEO at the development stage? A complete list of SEO requirements for a new website.
End-to-End Analytics and How It Works
What end-to-end analytics is, who needs it, and how it works.