Results: Organic traffic of the website increased by 569%, and the publication's audience grew by five times.
Informburo.kz is a multimedia information and analytical portal.
Prior to our collaboration, the client had a printed publication with its own website, www.megapolis.kz. But over time, the management decided to rebrand in order to qualitatively improve the feed of information, and attract an audience with interest in both event journalism and analytics. Approximately 2000 materials from the previous website, www.megapolis.kz, formed the base for a new resource.
- Increase the number of permanent unique users.
- Increase the flow of organic traffic.
- Boost audience engagement.
The global goal of the client was to strengthen its position in comparison to other market leaders of Kazakhstan media.
For the old website, we performed the following steps.
- Web analyzing systems were set up to track the traffic and actions of users on the website. These included Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Yandex Metric.
- Errors in site functioning were found and recommendations were made to resolve them promptly.
- We provided basic recommendations on usability. We also explained to client’s specialists how to improve functionality of certain elements of the website as quickly as possible.
- The content was transferred and 301 redirects were set up from megapolis.kz.
- Materials of https://megapolis.kz were analyzed and the highest quality pages were selected.
- Main theme competitors were analyzed on search systems.
Here is what we did for the new website:
- Pages without utility in terms of search were closed from indexing.
- We set up 301 redirects to eliminate duplicate pages.
- Manual and template metadata were formed.
- Page loading speed was optimized.
- XML map of the website was created.
- The errors in robots.txt were eliminated.
- URL generation templates were created.
- Pagination pages were optimized.
- We showed the editors how to create SEO-friendly texts.
- Special SEO tools were used for the media website.
Organic traffic of the site increased by 569%, and the audience of the publication grew by five times.
Alexander Levin, development director informburo.kz:
The company has a good reputation, many large scale projects and an excellent customer service. We made an effort to promptly react to inquiries and recommendations of each other, make changes and fix the errors. It is important that agency not only works to earn money: we constantly discussed ideas, formats and instruments. Both managers and specialists worried primarily about the result.
Viktor Greenvald, Head of PM, Netpeak:
In addition to SEO tools, there were some important factors that enabled us to achieve our goals:
- synchronized actions of client and agency — during the entire collaboration period, we decided priorities precisely and each did their best to complete the most critical tasks;
- readiness of the client to learn and relearn — the director of informburo.kz conveyed the need for SEO education to the entire editorial staff. Journalists came to work on Saturdays to attend Skype lectures about writing articles by taking into account the requirements of search promotion;
- full immersion of the client in the project including prompt resolution of issues on their side, constant feedback, suggestions, and interest in the growth of the project.
- Amrita success story: increased impressions of app from search by 40%, and units by 43%.
- Domino's Pizza success story. How an international brand takes its place in a new overheated market.
- 4B Ukraine success story — in a year we have increased organic traffic by 50 000% through blog.
Avtokrisla.com success story: email-marketing investments return in 3 months
In 3 months of work, we reached a positive ROMI. In 4 months, ROMI exceeded 800%.
Megadom success story: how to promote an offline business during the pandemic
Result: in four months, advertising allowed to rent out 1,200 square meters of retail space.
What Is Targeted Advertising & How Does It Work?
Nearly 4.5 billion people have social media accounts. Huge and active audience. But how to find the right customer among it? Targeted advertising will help.
Recommended topic posts
SEO’s ”Silver Bullet” – Fast and High-Quality Implementation of Technical Specifications (+appeal to the colleagues)
This study deals with the causes of search traffic growth. We spent 145 hours and 13 minutes to cope with this task.
Pandora.kz Success Story: How Email Generated 30% of Total Revenue Across All Sales Channels
Results: Revenue from emails increased to 87%, ROMI increased by 500%.