Niche: online marketplaces.
Results: The number of installs of the Prom mobile application increased by 52%.
Prom.ua is the largest marketplace in Ukraine with over 100 million products from thousands of entrepreneurs nationwide. Entrepreneurs can sell their products through the Prom market catalog, the Prom platform website, and the Prom mobile application for buyers. Every month, the mobile app is downloaded more than 250,000 times and used by more than 1.5 million users. According to SimilarWeb results for Ukraine, the Prom app is the #1 app in the Shopping category.
The client gave us the task of promoting their mobile application through Facebook.
We aimed to:
- Increase the number of app installs from Facebook and reduce its cost (CPI).
- Reduce CPA in Facebook retention campaigns.
At the same time, the Facebook account was already well managed by the Prom team. So, finding growth points for the application was not easy — we had to do a deep analysis to find strategies for improvement.
- Prior to our promotion, most targeting campaigns included Android 8.1 and above. Our first step was to expand the outreach to include Android 5.0 to 8.1 or higher; this step brought in 14% of the new audience.
- In order to create more personalized ads, we categorized the audience into female and male groups.
- According to internal company statistics, the average window of repeat purchase at Prom.ua is 30 days. So, we increased the audience exclusion to up to 28 days in retention campaigns. As a result, app users will see the product ads for only two days before they make a new purchase.
- We added two ads to each group so the Facebook account could be adequately optimized by choosing the most effective ad.
- We expanded each group's interests to increase the ad audience.
- Instead of banners, slideshows and prices were added for each item in the sales-oriented groups.
- Next, we streamlined the process of replacing the creative materials, ideally every 4 to 6 weeks.
- We also divided the allowable rates of CPA individually for each category of goods after conducting the analysis.
- Finally, we set up the attribution correctly, picking a single model for all campaigns and groups in the account.
- The number of installs of the Prom mobile app increased by 52%.
- The installation cost (CPI) decreased by 10%.
- As a result of the application retention campaigns, we reduced CPA by 28% (according to Facebook data).
The success story of BNESIM: how to increase the number of impressions and installs in two metadata iterations
After the first release, the app's organic traffic grew by 134%. After the second release, impressions increased by 107%.
PUMA success story: revenue growth of more than 100% from organic traffic and 30% from contextual advertising
When we started our cooperation, the company had just entered the Ukrainian market.
The Ultimate Guide to Mobile Analytics and MMP
How to evaluate an app's key performance indicators?