Results: Through web analytics, we detected that investments in the blog were paying off. Essentially, we had improved the website and blog loading speed by more than 100%.
Unisender is a large SaaS company, specializing in email marketing for business representatives worldwide. We are more than glad to share our experience on this project since the promotion of large SaaS projects is our specialty.
- Optimizing existing web pages.
- Making room for resource growth.
- Correcting analytics and increasing Unisender blog effectiveness.
The last point should be highlighted in detail. Overall, we did have various ideas on blog promotion. We regularly discussed them during Skype calls and mentioned them in tasks. Now, we wanted to evaluate, how much money was being earned through the blog at the moment? Do the customers purchasing the service read the blog?
- First, we created a new main page. We regularly generated new ideas to improve the website. One of them was to improve the blog with feedback and integration. As a result, an alternative landing page was created. Next, we conducted A/B testing. The new main page showed better results with a record break; it was 79.44% more effective. Thus, Unisender had obtained a new main page.
- Then, we optimized the website loading speed.
- The server was improved (the website loading speed increased by 50%).
- A cookie free domain was created and set up.
- The entire static content from the domain was distributed via CDN CloudFare.
- Mandatory caching of all pages was set up for 24 hours. Users could reset the whole website cache, if necessary.
- We also added an XML map index. If you have a massive website which consists of many large categories or page types and if it is multilingual, the sitemap index page will help to track website indexing.
- We decided to find out how many customers visited the blog at least once before proceeding to payment and what is the revenue generated from these customers. In a SaaS project, it is easy to measure by just creating a segment in Google Analytics.
Here, the payment equals to the goal fulfillment.
The results were interesting. What if past clients who made payment visited the blog and then proceeded to second-third payment?
We added a new segment to identify the new users:
We applied these segments where there was income from targeted goal:
- The average user session went up to 15 to 20 minutes. That meant that users were actually reading the blog.
- It was revealed that the Unisender customers really read the blog. This not only helped for customer retention, but also brought in new ones.
- The website loading speed was increased by more than 100%.
- We calculated the investment in the blog — it turned out that investment paid off. Besides, we found a contractor for a new blog design and prepared a detailed technical task for him.
How to Implement Universal Analytics With Google Tag Manager?
How to connect Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics & what is the difference between Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
How to Connect Google Search Console to Google Analytics?
This article will teach you how to connect your GSС account to your GA account. By doing so, you will be able to see how your website's search traffic is performing and make necessary adjustments.
How to Remove Negativity from the Top 10 Search Results in Four Months? Improving DOM.RIA’s Reputation
We completely eliminated negativity in the top 10 search results and increased the number of pages with positive tones tenfold.